Hi, everybody! This time you have yourselves to blame for the delay in the results of the competition! Not only that there were more contestants than before, but you were all much better then the last time. You really made it hard for us to decide who will be the winner. This kind of slow, but steady progress is exactly what we hoped for. That means that our comunity is growing and getting stronger and that the path we've chosen is the right one. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated, you were all very good. We also had more sponsors this time and to us that is another good sign.
And now, here are some details:
There were 69 contestants and 5 judges.
- Emir Hot - Live4guitar founder
- Damjan Pejcinoski – Most popular Live4guitar instructor
- Dragianni – “Croatian Steve Vai”, creator of the backing track for the 8th Live4guitar competition
- Tim Carter – Music producer for independent media, Live4guitar review author, writer / guitarist for Inner Imposter
- John Wheatcroft - head of guitar at "Tech Music School" in London, author of “Nailing the Changes through Blues Guitar Solos“ series for Live4guitar blog.
Each judge had to pick 10 favourites and grade them from 1 to 10, so when we summed the points from all of our judges, we got the winner. We consider this way of grading the most realistic. So, without further ado, we give you our winner:
...and the winner is:
And here you can see the list of our most successful entries:
The 2nd place
The 3rd place
leonardogzm - Leonardo Guzman
Those of you who didn't make it on the list-don't be discouraged, keep working hard and entering and the results will come. The important thing is that we all stay focused on our mission, and that is to make this comunity stronger and stronger every day, support and build it untill it becomes big enough so that IT can support US instead. That way we will all have something to be proud of, and also a strong platform for our further work.
Soon there will ba another competition. What you should do is join our forum and tell us what you like and don't like. That way we can improve our way of work and make it more fun and more real for everyone.
Thank you all for participating. we would like you to get more involved with us, to share your new videos and your news on our forum, facebook page and support and promote one another. we are all in this together.
Our special thanks goes to our sponsors.
- Skyvox who produced signature Live4guitar overdrive pedal
- the exciting new amplification simulation from Kuassa - Amplification Vermilion
- and one of the most impressive software guitar practice tools, Riffstation
2nd prize will win a copy of Amplifikation Vermilion, Riffstation, and an L4g t-shirt.
3rd place gets 5 free lesson downloads from our live4guitar marketplace, a copy of Riffstation, and an L4g tshirt.